Application Services, Software Solutions
The client is widely recognised as one of the most innovative and influential among the world’s top-tier business schools.Founded 45 years ago, it was aiming to make its concept of “lifelong learning” a reality by creating a state-of-the-art, interactive communication network for international business education. This would enable its alumni worldwide to profit fully from knowledge sharing.
The client has a unique global network, with thriving campuses at Fontainebleau, France and Singapore. It has more than 30,000 alumni spread globally, who are part of the Alumni Association.
- The client in 2002, had a huge database containing details of the entrepreneurship-related activities of its alumni, but with no mechanism to enable the alumni to access and/or update this information, or for new alumni to key in their details.
- The need of the hour was a networking portal to provide the above functionalities, along with a medium for the school to communicate with its entrepreneurial alumni and for them to communicate amongst themselves.
- The client chose Emerio to innovate and design a user-friendly portal that rectified the existing glitches while at the same time providing extra features that enhanced ease-of-use.
Database – build, modify and query
Using a questionnaire format, all new users are required to provide details of their entrepreneurship-related activities. Users are guided along different paths depending on the specified activity that they key in. Existing members can modify their details at any time and there is also a mechanism that ensures that this is done within a pre-determined time frame. Thanks to this double mechanism, the database is being constantly updated and populated. Querying the database is possible using a series of criteria which enables the user to refine the search based on parameters that interest him.
Information can be shared by members through:
- A theme section, which invites members’ contributions on a specific theme that changes every month
- A bulletin board for any hot topics
- A matchmaking section that enables entrepreneurs to hunt for investors, partners, managerial talent, etc.
- Informatica/SAP Connector
- Hyperion Planning System 9.2.0
- Increased user registration by 25% and user figures by 300%
- Reduced complexity in retrieving data from SAP and matching with other enterprise systems
- Reduction of 14 days in monthly report generation
- Reduction of 8 FTEs